- As of May 2021, radiologists in Pennsylvania can earn a mean yearly wage of $283,610(1).
- Radiologists‘ pay in Pennsylvania differs depending on their credentials as medical physicists, radiation oncologists, or diagnostic radiologists.
- The average salary for entry-level radiologists in Pennsylvania can be $57,230(2).
Radiologist Salaries Based on Certifications, Skills, and Other Qualifications
Radiology expertise, certifications, and skills can affect Pennsylvania’s full-time or entry-level wage figures.
Diagnostic radiology is a specialized medical field that covers various imaging procedures to obtain images of internal organs. Diagnostic radiologists analyze the images to determine the features of the illness or injury.
Moreover, diagnostic radiology is fundamental to clinical processes in modern medicine.
As of June 2022, diagnostic radiologists in Pennsylvania can make an annual pay of $297,970(3).
Radiation oncologists are doctors who specialize in implementing radiation therapy to cure cancer patients. Patients with cancer that is curable with radiation therapy may need the services of radiation oncologists.
Radiation oncologists supervise cancer treatment in collaboration with other specialists such as medical oncologists and surgeons. These physicians are in charge of discussing the specifics of cancer scenarios, the function of radiation therapy in general treatment procedures, and potential treatment outcomes.
As of May 2022, radiation oncologists in Pennsylvania can earn $430,170 yearly(4).
Medical physicists apply physics methods and theories to multiple areas of medicine to conduct research, develop or optimize theories, and address disease assessment, treatment, and recovery difficulties.
As of June 2022, medical physicists can earn $185,324 in Pennsylvania(5).
Radiologist Salary per City in Pennsylvania
The following cities in Pennsylvania make an average pay of:
- Philadelphia: $464,990(6)
- Pittsburgh: $427,590(7)
- Harrisburg: $420,990(8)
- Lancaster: $425,290(9)
Radiologist Earnings by Seniority
Radiologists in Pennsylvania may earn varying salaries based on seniority in the medical institution.
For instance, radiologists’ annual wage by seniority in Pennsylvania may be as follows(10):
- Entry-level: $57,230
- Junior-level: $105,640
Job and Salary Satisfaction
However, the overall results do not indicate whether medical employees’ positive attitudes are due to a fair base salary.
Furthermore, while many outcome studies indicate that compensation motivates employees, the premise that good pay always equals job satisfaction is debatable(12).
More research is advisable to understand the factors influencing radiologists’ salary satisfaction.
Comparison of Radiologist Salaries to Similar Careers
- X-ray technicians (X-ray techs): $64,676(13)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) technologists: $127,642(14)
Comparison of Radiologist Salaries by Gender
A report indicated that male radiologists made 14% more than their female colleagues in 2020. Additionally, men can make $438,00 on average, while women can earn$386,000(15).
Radiology allows individuals to improve their critical and technical minds by conducting investigations and developing medical science and therapies.
Furthermore, radiologists may benefit from various compensation structures. These specialists may earn hourly or fixed compensation packages based on the length and nature of their medical services.
Radiologist duties may include the following(16):
- Access health information from digital documents, patient conversations, and findings. Radiologists communicate with referring doctors and write technical interpretive reports on their observations.
- Evaluate medical data to detect patients’ health concerns (such as contrast agent allergies) and determine the appropriateness of specific procedures.
- Apply radiology services to other medical procedures. This task may include documenting methods’ effectiveness, analysis, and results.
- Establish and maintain patient and staff safety requirements.
Necessary Level of Education to Become a Radiologist
Individuals intending to become radiologists must first become doctors by obtaining a medical degree(17).
AspirIng radiologists must enroll in and fulfill a medical college training degree program after receiving a bachelor’s degree.
Companies for Radiologists in Pennsylvania
Here are several Pennsylvania hospitals and clinics that may employ radiologists:
- Allegheny General Hospital
320 East North Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15212-4756
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-4206
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard, Allentown, PA 18105-6248
- Freeman Hospital
1102 West 32nd Street Joplin, MO 64804-3503
- North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Drive North Kansas City, MO 64116-3220
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
One Children’s Place Saint Louis, MO 63110-1002
- University of Missouri Health Care
Columbia One Hospital Drive Columbia, MO 65212-0001
Cost of Living by City
Listed below are the cost of living indexes for some Pennsylvania areas contrasted to the national average in the US(18).
- Philadelphia: 13.7% higher
- Pittsburgh: 5.5% lower
- Bethlehem: 6.7% higher
- Harrisburg: 6.4% higher
Facts About Pennsylvania
Here are a few facts about Pennsylvania(19):
- Places Rated Almanac has named Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the “Most Livable City” twice. The city received the title for the first time in 1985 and again in 2007.
- Pennsylvania, the United States’ place of origin, was settled in 1643.
1. How much does a radiology physician assistant make in the United States?
As of May 2022, a radiology physician assistant in the United States makes an annual wage of $110,125(20).
- May 2021 State Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates Pennsylvania
- Radiologist salary in Pennsylvania
- Diagnostic Radiologist Salary in Pennsylvania
- Radiation Oncologist Salary in Pennsylvania
- Medical Physicist Salary in Pennsylvania
- Radiologist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Radiologist in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Radiologist in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Radiologist in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Radiologist salary in Pennsylvania
- 2022 Physician Compensation Report
- Factors Affecting Job Satisfaction of Radiologic Sciences Faculty: Implications for Recruitment and Retention
- X-ray Technician salary in Pennsylvania
- MRI Technologist salary in Pennsylvania
- Radiologist $alary Update 2020: Show Me The Money!
- Radiology Careers: What Is Radiology & Possible Career Paths
- Cost of Living in Pennsylvania
- Fun Facts about Pennsylvania
- Physician Assistant Radiology Salary in the United States