- As of May 2022, radiologists in Vermont can earn $418,090 yearly(1).
- Radiologists’ compensation in Vermont differs according to their medical physics, radiation oncology, and diagnostic radiology certifications.
- The average salary for beginning radiologists in Vermont can be as high as $58,000(2).
Radiologist Salaries Based on Certifications, Skills, and Other Qualifications
The yearly wage for radiologists in Vermont can be as high as $418,090(3). However, radiology credentials and expertise can affect Vermont’s full-time or entry-level radiology salaries.
Diagnostic radiology is a medical specialty that concentrates on imaging techniques used to yield images of internal organs. Diagnostic radiologists evaluate the photographs to ascertain the severity of the disorder or injury.
Diagnostic radiology is also an essential feature of modern medical interventions.
Radiation oncologists are medical practitioners who use radiation therapy to cure individuals with cancer.
Radiation oncologists consult with other cancer specialists, such as medical physicians and surgeons, to organize cancer treatment. These doctors’ responsibilities include explaining cancer cases, the impact of radiation therapy on overall treatment strategies, and likely treatment results.
As of May 2022, radiation oncologists in Vermont can earn $415,080 annually(4).
Medical physicists evaluate, improve, or optimize concepts and characterize symptom evaluation, therapeutic approaches, and recovery concerns using physics strategies and innovations.
As of June 2022, medical physicists can earn $206,957 in Vermont(5).
Radiologist Salary History
Radiologist Salary per City in Vermont
The following areas in Vermont have the following average pay for radiology professionals:
- Montpelier: $423,590(6)
- Burlington: $427,490(7)
- Rutland: $431,290(8)
- Essex: $427,4900(9)
Radiologist Earnings by Seniority
Radiologists in Vermont can have different professional incomes depending on their professional experience in the medical industry. Listed below are salaries according to the professional’s seniority degree(10):
- Entry-level: $58,000
- Junior-level: $74,350
Job and Salary Satisfaction
According to a compensation survey, radiologists are the most likely specialized physicians to return to the same profession(11).
However, the study does not demonstrate the correlation between participants’ positive attitudes and an excellent compensation structure.
Additionally, while other studies suggest that salaries can influence professional motivation, the idea that excellent pay correlates with high job satisfaction remains inconclusive(12).
More surveys and studies may be necessary to establish the factors impacting radiologists’ salary and job satisfaction.
Comparison of Radiologist Salaries to Similar Careers
Aspiring radiologists in Vermont may find the average salaries for similar professions below helpful.
Comparison of Radiologist Salaries by Gender
A survey suggested that male radiology professionals made 14% more than their female counterparts in 2020. In addition, men can make an average salary of $438,00, while women can earn $386,000(15).
Individuals may find working in radiology advantageous in honing their scientific and technical skills since the profession involves many research activities regarding medical advancements.
Radiologists may also benefit from excellent salary packages. However, some radiology professionals may earn hourly or based on the nature of their service.
A radiologist’s job description may include(16):
- Implementing drug, resuscitation, emergency, power outage, and infection control protocols.
- Consulting other healthcare specialists about image-based diagnoses.
- Participating in professional development events to maintain and expand knowledge.
- Informing radiologic patients about processes, risks, benefits, and medical interventions.
Necessary Level of Education to Become a Radiologist
Individuals who want to become radiology professionals must first become medical degree holders (17).
Companies for Radiologists in Vermont
Here are some Vermont medical facilities that may employ radiologists:
- Brattleboro Memorial Hospital
17 Belmont Avenue, Brattleboro, VT 0530
- Copley Hospital
528 Washington Highway, Morrisville, VT 05661
- Gifford Medical Center
44 South Main Street, Randolph, VT 05060
- Grace Cottage Hospital
PO Box 216, Townshend, VT 05353
- Mt Ascutney Hospital
289 County Road, Windsor, VT 05089
- North Country Hospital and Health Center
189 Prouty Drive, Newport, VT 05855
Cost of Living by City
Here are some cost of living indexes for some Vermont cities compared to the US national average(18):
- Burlington: 22.2% higher
- Montpelier: 21.3% higher
- Bennington: 10.9% higher
- Rutland: 17.0% higher
Top-Paying States for Radiologists
In the U.S., the regions where radiology employees may get the highest salaries are:
Facts About Vermont
Here are a few facts about Vermont(19):
- Vermont’s capital is Montpelier, the smallest state capital in the United States and the only one without a McDonald’s restaurant.
- Vermont is known as the “Green Mountain State,” after the French phrase “les monts verts.”
- The nation of Canada and the states of New York, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire surround the Green Mountain State. Moreover, the state stretches for 157.4 miles, is 90.3 miles wide at the Canadian border, and is 41.6 miles long along the Massachusetts border.
Furthermore, the Connecticut River forms the eastern boundary. In contrast, the western boundary with New York runs for more than half of Lake Champlain’s length.
1. What is the radiologist physician’s salary in Vermont?
As of May 2021, radiologist physicians in Vermont can earn an average pay of $390,023(20).
- Radiologist Salary in Vermont
- Radiologist salary in Vermont
- Radiologist Salary in Vermont
- Radiation Oncologist Salary in Vermont
- Medical Physicist Salary in Vermont
- Radiologist in Montpelier, Vermont
- Radiologist in Burlington, Vermont
- Radiologist in Rutland, Vermont
- Radiologist in Essex, Vermont
- Radiologist salary in Vermont
- 2022 Physician Compensation Report
- Factors Affecting Job Satisfaction of Radiologic Sciences Faculty: Implications for Recruitment and Retention
- X-ray Technician salary in Vermont
- Radiology Tech Salary in Vermont
- Radiologist $alary Update 2020: Show Me The Money!
- Radiology Careers: What Is Radiology & Possible Career Paths
- Cost of Living in Vermont
- Vermont Facts
- Physician Radiologist Diagnostic Salary in Vermont, United States