- As of May 2022, radiologists in Tennessee can make a mean yearly wage of $394,390(1).
- Radiologists’ pay differs according to their qualifications in interventional radiology, diagnostic radiology, and radiation oncology.
- The average yearly wage for entry-level radiologists in Tennessee can be $109,030(2).
Radiologist Salaries Based on Certifications, Skills, and Other Qualifications
The radiology specializations, competencies, and skills below can impact Tennessee’s beginning or full-time salary estimations.
A diagnostic radiologist is a medical professional who uses imaging procedures to assess, treat, and rehabilitate patients.
As of June 2022, diagnostic radiologists in Tennessee may make a yearly wage of $312,828(3).
Radiation oncologists employ radiation therapy, such as x-rays or other particles to remove cancer cells.
In Tennessee, radiation oncologists can make $391,590 annually(4).
Interventional radiologists diagnose and treat disorders. These specialists may manage numerous bodily ailments by introducing small instruments from outside the body, such as wires or catheters.
Furthermore, X-rays and imaging technologies like CT and ultrasound may help interventional radiologists during their treatments.
Moreover, interventional radiology can be a medical alternative to surgery. This feature may lessen the need for hospitalization in various situations.
As of May 27, 2022, interventional radiologists in Tennessee can earn $394,400 yearly(5).
Radiologist Salary per City in Tennessee
A radiologist’s typical salary depends on their work situation. Earnings for radiology professionals are also dependent on the job market demand and living costs.
In Tennessee, the following regions may have an average mean compensation of:
- Franklin: $401,990(6)
- Nashville: $403,490(7)
- Germantown: $401,290(8)
- Murfreesboro: $400,390(9)
Radiologist Earnings by Seniority
Radiologists in Tennessee may earn an average salary dependent on their years of practice and level of seniority.
Radiologists’ annual pay by seniority level in Tennessee can be as follows(10):
- Entry-level: $109,030
- Junior-level: $144,040
Moreover, the starting salary for radiologists in the United States can be $206,920 annually(11).
Job and Salary Satisfaction
According to salary data, radiologists are medical professionals who are most likely to pursue the same career route(12).
However, the study results do not show if the physicians’ positive sentiments result from a competitive compensation structure.
Furthermore, while the findings reported that payment improves motivation, the concept that fair compensation equals job satisfaction is debatable(13).
More research into the factors that determine radiologists’ salary satisfaction is essential.
Comparison of Radiologist Salaries to Similar Careers
Potential radiologists may find the typical income data for allied disciplines below instructive.
- X-ray technicians (X-ray techs): $54,562(14)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) technologists: $112,306(15)
The radiology profession enables ingenious and analytical minds to explore and design innovative medical technology and therapies.
Moreover, radiologists may benefit from various financial options. These specialists may be paid hourly, on a fixed wage, or according to the duration and type of services they provide.
Radiologist duties may involve the following(16):
- Select the suitable diagnostic approach while limiting radiation exposure and considering a patient’s anatomy, condition, findings, and previous testing.
- Work directly with radiographers as part of a larger multidisciplinary team, using radiology knowledge and talents to communicate with and assist other professionals.
Necessary Level of Education to Become a Radiologist
Individuals who want to be radiologists must first become physicians by earning a medical degree(17).
Candidates must participate in and complete a medical school training program after earning a bachelor’s degree.
Companies for Radiologists in Tennessee
Here are a several Tennessee medical institutions that may employ radiologists:
- Ballad Health — Holston Valley Medical Center
130 West RavinStreet, Kingsport, TN 37660
- Ballad Health — Johnson City Medical Center
400 North State of Franklin Road, Johnson City, TN 37604-6094
- Baptist Memorial Hospital
6019 Walnut Grove Road, Memphis, TN 38120-2173
- Erlanger Medical Center
975 East 3rd Street, Chattanooga, TN 37403
- Methodist Medical Center of Oak Ridge
990 Turnpike, Oak Ridge, TN 37830-6976
- Methodist Hospitals of Memphis
1265 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104
- University of Tennessee Medical Center
1924 Alcoa Highway, Box 81 Knoxville, TN 37920-6900
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
1211 22nd Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37232-2102
Popular Cities for Radiologist Jobs in Tennessee
The top cities in Tennessee for radiologists may include:
Facts About Tennessee
Here are a few facts about Tennessee(18):
- Mountain Dew came from the state of Tennessee. The Ally and Barney Hartman brothers created the popular neon soft drink as a mixer to mask the acrid taste of homemade moonshine.
In 1964, Pepsi purchased the Hartman brothers’ lemon-lime concoction.
- People sometimes refer to Tennessee residents as “Butternuts.” This odd nickname dates back to the Civil War when state soldiers wore tan outfits resembling the hue of winter squash.
- Moreover, in the U.S., individuals may refer to Tennessee residents as “volunteers.” Consequently, the state’s nickname is “The Volunteer State,” which also has wartime roots.
Many men from the region battled in the War of 1812. This incident resulted in the publications referring to the soldiers as “the volunteers from Tennessee,” and the name stuck.
Which states in the U.S. have the highest-paid radiologists?
In the United States, the top-paying states for radiologists are New Jersey, Arizona, New Hampshire, Hawaii, and Montana(19).
However, the numerical results do not confirm which state pays the most for radiologists.
How much does a radiology tech earn weekly in the United States?
As of May 2022, radiologist techs in the United States may make a mean annual wage of $62,901(20).
- Radiologist in Tennessee
- Radiologist salary in Tennessee
- Radiologist Salary in Tennessee
- Radiation Oncologist in Tennessee
- Interventional Radiologist in Tennessee
- Radiologist in Franklin, Tennessee
- Radiologist in Nashville, Tennessee
- Radiologist in Germantown, Tennessee
- Radiologist in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Radiologist salary in Tennessee
- How Much Do Radiologists Make a Year for Entry Level?
- 2022 Physician Compensation Report
- Factors Affecting Job Satisfaction of Radiologic Sciences Faculty:
Implications for Recruitment and Retention
- X-ray Technician salary in Tennessee
- MRI Technologist salary in Tennessee
- Clinical radiology
- Radiology Careers: What Is Radiology & Possible Career Paths
- 25 Well-Tuned Facts About Tennessee
- Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2021 29-1224 Radiologists
- Radiology Tech Salary in the United States